Costing Clerk at M J Church
Join LinkedIn & access Sam's full profile
A skilled, resourceful and results driven finance clerk with a keen eye for detail. As strong communicator I currently work closely at all levels of the business and have been instrumental in a number of policy and organisational changes.
Reporting to the Managing Directors I pull together the weekly profit and loss figures, examine time sheets, calculate wages, record weekly profits and costs, and prepare spread sheets based on data obtained.
• I have contributed to the development and improvement of financial processes by raising issues and creating an order system to reduce time on ordering and creating a form to which an invoice can then be raised.
• I have developed a new system to maintain the integrity of financial data ensuring that records are both accurate and retained according to organization.
Experienced in the use of Microsoft Office including Word, Advanced Excel skills, PowerPoint and Outlook. I am skilled in a range of financial software and business tracking tools including Superbase and sage, Weighsoft Manager and Microsoft AutoRoute. As an internal company auditor I have completed the Internal Management Systems Auditor Course.
Handle customer inquiries, complaints, billing questions and payments. Constantly review department procedures and wherever possible amend them so the department can run more efficiently.
• I developed and launched the employee training program for new staff in the waste management team. This included in-depth how to guides and quick help notes. I also functioned as an on-going lead trainer and assured consistent quality of service and professional environment.
• Designed and implemented a record keeping procedure regarding invoices received by the department, as none were in place. Often invoices are passed through various departments and this system made it possible to track exactly where they are.
Plan and cook daily specials, create custom menus for private clients and prepare marketing and promotional materials.
• I created and implemented the policy and procedure for external catering and corporate clients.
• Trained employees in customer service and food preparation procedures in line with high-end establishment standards.
Maintain accurate records of all financial transactions for the branch, these include all payments made and received by cash, cheque, BACS and retaining documentary evidence of all transactions. Pay all debts promptly and within credit terms requested by the supplier and be aware of all accounts owing to the branch.
• Designed the annual beer festival ticket sales procedure. Previously there had been significant discrepancies between the branch records and those of the vendors selling the tickets.
• Prepare a profit and loss account and balance sheet to include all branch activities.
• Ensure accounts are audited before presenting to Branch AGM, Regional Director and HQ.
This coarse has been completed.
Business Management (Marketing) Graduate
Cardiff, United Kingdom
VP at Bankers Mortgage Trust
Greater Los Angeles Area
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing Professional
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Contracts Manager at MJ Church
MJ Church Ltd
Manager at M J Church Plant Ltd
Director of M J Church, Manager of M J Church Event waste management
Surveyor Engineer at MJ Church
Operations Manager at MJ Church Ltd
land surveyor at m j church
Quantity Surveyor at MJ Church Ltd
Junior Quantity Surveyor - MJ Church
Quantity Surveyor at M J Church Contracting