Release Manager & Software Deployment Consultant at Computacentre
- Hampton in Arden, West Midlands, United Kingdom (Birmingham, United Kingdom)
- Investment Management
Rakesh Beli's Overview
- Release Manager & Software Deployment Specialist at Computacenter
- Sun Hardware Engineer at Exquip Network Services
- Senior Data Centre Server Engineer at EDS Global Field Services Ltd
- 2nd Line Technical Support Consultant at Harvey World Travel
- Sun Support Specilaist at Phoenix IT Services
- Data Centre Technical Support Analyst at ABN AMRO BANK
11 people have recommended Rakesh
Rakesh Beli's Summary
An accomplished Data Center Windows, HP/IBM Server builds Support Engineer with demonstrable experience of delivering value added solutions. Able to work on own initiative and as part of a team with a flexible attitude.
Excellent client facing skills and proven problem solving ability and managing user’s expectations skills. Proven leadership skills involving managing, developing and motivating teams to achieve their objectives. First-class analytical, design and problem solving skills. Dedicated to maintaining high quality standards. Having a good level of written and verbal communication skills with the ability to work under pressure and to assess and process actions quickly.
AREAS OF EXPERIENCE
• Windows Networking Unix/Sun Solaris 9 HP/IBM Hardware break-fix
• Active Directory/ Visio HP ILO Configuration RAID arrays (EMC)
• Windows 2007/XP/Vista MS Office 2003/2007 Data Centre (Banking)
• Windows Server 2003/2008 IBM Lenova ThinkPad
Rakesh Beli's Experience
Release Manager & Software Deployment Specialist
Public Company; 10,001+ employees; CCC.L; Information Technology and Services industry
March 2010 – Present (3 years 4 months) London, United Kingdom
Working with Computacenter on their various client sites, clients included NYSE Bank, Lloyds Banking Group, Seven Trent Water, Serco, BestBuys, Gist Ltd, Eversheds, HSE, Chelsea Building Society. Halifax Building Society. Cheltenham & Gloucester Bank, Bank Of America, Thompson Reuters, Marks & Spencer.
• Responsible for working in a windows based environment. Working as a Windows Engineer helping with the imaging and re-imaging of systems via SCCM and WDS (Windows Deployment Server, within XP and Windows 7. Furthermore for coordinating and collaborating with other departments to resolve Release and Build dependencies to ensure smooth and timely release deployment. Managing the exact content and roll-out plans for release, through partnership with development, QA and Infrastructure Teams. Ability to troubleshoot remotely. Providing day to day Release Software Management support to the product with primary area of responsibility, staging and production environments; gathering information for business and development teams to document customer release notes; managing SCCM/SMS/RM tools; furthermore providing performance maintenance and troubleshooting of build/deployment systems within the CATE/PROD and DEV
• Providing support on Microsoft Windows 7, deploying systems for external customers across London, the South East, UK wide and Europe. Exposure to SCCM 2012. Also maintaining new processes and procedures that have been implemented within a large corporate environment. Experience with Remedy. Working towards SCCM 2012. . Providing support in System Centre Configuration Manager (SCCM) within the Release and Deployment department working on incidents and carrying out implementation and migration solutions for Microsoft System products, deployed via System Centre Configuration Manager, as well as desktop support work on numerous Server, VDI and Desktops. Systems Management Server (SMS) 2003 experience. Desktop Deployment exposure - mass roll outs of Windows 7.
Sun Hardware Engineer
Exquip Network Services
November 2006 – February 2010 (3 years 4 months) Birmingham, United Kingdom
Responsible for providing on-site Sun hardware server support for key infrastructures including Sun Unix servers at client sites. Acting as an interface between customers and solution centre, using Call Management tools to update all involved parties of activities.
• Racking and stacking of networking equipment and various HP Proliant Servers into pre-built racks and cabinets in a new Data Centre.
• Maintenance of current and past Sun Servers include: Ultra 10, Ultra 60, Ultra 80, Sun Fire V240, Sun Fire V210,SunFire 280r, Sun Fire V440, Sun Fire V480, Sun Fire V880. Sunblade 150/1000 and 1500. Sun Enterprise range. E25K, F15, E10K, E250, E450, E650, E4500, E6500, E6800, E3500,E3000, SunFire F12K/F15K, Sun Fire V120.
• Carrying out Break-fix support of Sun servers, upgrading, patching them, troubleshooting performance issues, load balancing and supporting project implementations.
• Dealing with server failures, diagnosing problems and working with external support companies to rapidly fix any issues.
• Monitoring server utilisation and providing capacity planning reports, and recommending capacity upgrades. Data Centre experience, i.e. cage and physical hardware builds as well as racking experience. Troubleshooting Veritas Volume Manager Sun Solaris 9 administration.
Senior Data Centre Server Engineer
EDS Global Field Services Ltd
June 2006 – November 2006 (6 months) Tankersley, South Yorkshire
Responsible for monitoring, Sun break-fix support and diagnosing issues on a large number of Unix Sun Servers within a 24/7 European Financial services Data Centre HSBC Client site, this included 2nd line support. Furthermore providing customer satisfaction by working in partnership with the customer and Sun Microsystems on site Management delivering contractual hardware and installations support services.
• Experience of break-fix and understanding of Mid Range Servers including Sun, HP,IBM, and Compaq. Exposure of using Monitoring tool such as Nagios.
• Experience with Sun Solaris 9 and exposure to Linux Redhat. Experience with Clarify and Remedy ticketing system and change management tools.
• Conducting site surveys, site audits, installations, disconnections and preventative maintenance schedules. Taking technical ownership of site situations and resolving faults within the quality success criteria laid down and follow detailed technical action plans through to problem resolution. Hands-on experience with SUN hardware and working knowledge of Solaris Operating system; IBM Blade Centre troubleshooting. Carrying out moves, decommissions changes and project work to IT equipment within the Data Centre. Responsible for all STK Storage Tek 4410, Storage Tek 9310 Powder Horn Libraries, silos, robots and connected tape drives as well as the disassemble and relocation, installation and build of the Sun Storage Tek SL8500 VSM’s (Virtual Systems Manager).
2nd Line Technical Support Consultant
Harvey World Travel
November 2005 – May 2006 (7 months) Cannock
Responsible for providing assistance for all users who have encountered problems with their desktop related items such as hardware, software, applications, printing, Blackberrys and telephones. To deliver user requests, these included the configuration, build and installation of hardware, installation of software and applications.
• Participated in multi-vendor and 3rd party activities including (installation, integration, interface troubleshooting).
• Responsible for all LAN/WAN, PC/Laptop builds together with server and application support experience including Windows Server 2003, Exchange 2003, Active Directory, Terminal Services, Unix, Nortons Anti Virus, MS Office 2000 and bespoke technical applications.
• Supported approximately 250 users in Head Office as well as remote users and remote office sites. Carried out software upgrades and technical audits on site.
• Experience of Networking technologies including Switches, Routers, Firewall's, TCP/IP.
• Tasks would encompass installations and maintenance of systems, system security, as well as dealing with email/Web access issues.
Sun Support Specilaist
Public Company; 1001-5000 employees; Information Technology and Services industry
November 2003 – October 2005 (2 years) Northampton
At Phoenix I was working as a Support Engineer for Sun Microsystems providing second level support to Sun customers in the United States and EMEA regions. Occasionally carried out System Administration functions on site and remotely. I also worked onsite at a Major Financial Institution in London's Canary Wharf when required. As an engineer I needed to research solutions to issues involving Sun desktop systems, storage systems, Solaris operating systems, Solstice Disk Suite, and Veritas Volume manager. I was responsible for ensuring assigned cases are resolved to customer satisfaction following Sun policies and documentation procedures. I also took the additional task of ensuring cases in group queues are accepted by fellow engineers to ensure customer contact was made within the established Service Level Agreement. I had to ensure customers received service matching their contract level. I was responsible for dispatching field hardware engineers or ordered parts when required. I was later transferred to the EMEA team to deal with Live Call Transfers, Gold and Platinum customers with severity 1 issues.
Data Centre Technical Support Analyst
Privately Held; 10,001+ employees; Banking industry
November 2002 – December 2003 (1 year 2 months) Netherlands
Responsible for providing 2nd line support to Financial Service clients against predefined service level agreements supporting the daily IT and operational demands of the Tier3 data centre as well as administration and support of Unix infrastructure including performance monitoring, planning/preparation of new servers/upgrades and project support.
• Experience with trade floor support, market data applications (Bloomberg, Reuters), Cisco Call Manager, Exposure with Cisco networking and data centre technologies such as blade servers, UPS. Supported the technical design process by participating in the analysis of technical environment builds and distribution of Applications for optimum performance and resilience.
• Carried out Change & Release Management across various environments/platforms including Patch Evaluation and Management: Development through to Live. Participated in the implementation of the technical infrastructure, this included networks, platforms and servers, application enabling, security and operations management
Rakesh Beli's Certifications
Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (SCCM 2007)
- License D952-9672
- July 2012
System Centre Operations Manager (SCOM) 2007
- September 2012
Comptia Server Plus
- November 2012 to November 2015
Sun solaris 9 certified
- September 2005
Rakesh Beli's Skills & Expertise
Rakesh Beli's Additional Information
Contact Rakesh for:
- career opportunities
- consulting offers
- job inquiries
- expertise requests
- reference requests
- getting back in touch