Consulting for many oil majors
Senior Drilling Engineer
Consultant Drilling engineer
|Recommendations||1 person has recommended KENNETH|
Join LinkedIn & access KENNETH's full profile
Senior Drilling Engineer
I am a highly skilled drilling engineer, educated to master’s degree level in drilling and well engineering with empirical and theoretical knowledge in; front end well engineering designs and planning for both conventional and unconventional drilling techniques (MPD and UBD). My expert skills cuts across well path design,casing seat design, torque and drag simulations and hydraulics using specialist drilling software,well control (principles/procedures), formation evaluation / lithology correlation in oil and gas industry.I also have a sound knowledge of North Sea, Niger Delta and Middle East sedimentary and carbonate petroleum play system which has been acquired through direct experience and extensive research. I am seeking a challenging career within the field of drilling/well engineering with an organisation that encourages professional growth and performance through learning, mentoring, hard work and team work.
• Analyse geological, drilling and completions proposals, and well objectives with G & G
• Casing designs, drill string designs and BHA modelling.
• Writing detail drilling program and preparation of master equipment lists (MEL)
• Torque and drag simulations and hydraulics for matching drill string strength to the expected loads in the wellbore and for effective hole cleaning using Landmark drilling application software.
• Front end and detail well engineering design; well planning, well construction and project management for both vertical and horizontal wells.
• Specialized services such as mud logging, UBD, MWD, MPD and advance well control principles
• Preparation of AFE and maintaining of well budget.
• Generates a detail and cost effective drilling and completions programmes and programme amendments that meets wells objectives; for well design, construction, re-entry and any other remedial work.
• Assists the drilling superintendent in preparing statutory notifications to government and third parties.
• Coordinates and assembly every end of well report by all relevant vendors at the completion of every well.
• Coordinate/Review well plans and well design – well trajectory, mud designs, cement designs, casing design, BOP, well head, drill pipe and BHA specifications from vendors to ensure they are as stated in the programme.
• Recording and maintaining accurate casing/pipe tally after it has been measured and drifted.
• Under the instruction of a drilling superintendent, determine and manage all well design equipment’s and specifications in line with company’s’ polices – including generation of call offs.
• Liaise with drilling contractors and other well services vendors in logistic planning, and operation processes to minimize NPT.
• Provides stand in cover for the drilling superintendent for technical approval of all invoices that relates to drilling operations.
• Reviews offset data’s of wells drilled in the same field.
Design and generates accurate 2D/3D directional well plans using various planning methods such as build/turn rate, optimum align and dogleg/toolface that is integrated in COMPASS.
Design and generates appropriate well bore survey program by matching the right survey tools with the best suited survey error models in accordance with company anti collision policy.
Carry out input validation analysis on survey data (real time) for QC/QA using COMPASS survey editor.
Conducts project ahead analysis on the planned well path from the last survey points using curve and hold method or optimum align to ensure the well is on target otherwise get it back on track.
Carries out point interpolation on the survey data to determine the position and vector direction of those points that falls off the survey stations to ensure smoothness of the well trajectory.
Design the most suitable casing and drilling program for different hole section with respect to geologic formation and hole geometry.
Design an appropriate cement program according to down hole requirements and also proposed and indicate top of cement for each casing string annulus.
Propose the most suitable flow rate and the best suited mud rheology for effective hole cleaning and cutting transport for vertical and horizontal well.
Design and model the most appropriate BHA with which to kick off directional well and maintained directional control at buld up, tangent and drop off section.
Carries out torque and drag analysis using WELLPATH OPTIMIZER in COMPASS and WELLPLAN drilling application to determine the working limit of BHA and drill string with respect to torsional, tension and Compression loads.
Generate loads of reports on anti-collision analysis, BHA performance,end of well reports and making presentations.
Leads a small but highly experience multi-discipline team of three man in delivering the best engineering solution in the area of stuck pipe/well bore mechanical problem, loss circulation and well control.
Identification of oil and gas show using Stain, Fluorescence, Refractive index and
* Accurate determination of coring and casing setting depth using shale factor [ CEC]
* Carried out real time well monitoring to ensure that primary well control were maintained
* Real time evaluation and interpretation of hydrocarbon with depth in other to optimise and
characterise the reservoir
* Prediction of pore pressure and evaluation using D- exponent.
* Monitored, analysed and interpreted drilling parameters such as Background Gas,
ROP,WOB and Torque in order to reduce non productive time [NPT] during drilling
* Participated in the execution of all mud logging functions
* Ensured that integrity of well data's were maintained and also participated in training of
* Preparation of final well reports to be submitted to the base office
* Communicates to all rig personnel about any changes noticed in the formation while
Participated in collection of drill cuttings from shakers, desander and desilter for further
analysis and interpretation in the laboratory
* Ensured drill cuttings were appropriately washed of all unwanted material and sorted
according to size and shape
* Ensured that the logging unit were clean at all time
* Accurately observed pore pressure trend to ensure it conform with that of offset well data
* Monitored and observed ROP[Rate of Penetration] trend to detect a drilling break
It was actually exciting and educative
Key Modules: Subsurface Geology and Formation Evaluation, Well Control,
Drilling Technology, Drilling Operation Management, Advance Well Engineering,
Business Essentials, and Advance Completion and Subsea Systems
Project Title: A Case study of Wellbore Flow Performance of a Gas Condensate
for Field Development Planning
Activities and Societies: member society of petroleum engineers
Activities and Societies: member student union body
Systems Administrator at Sacramento Native American Health Center, Inc.
San Luis Obispo, California Area
CEO Digital Pillars limited at Digital Pillars limited
Mortgage Banker at JPMorgan Chase
Greater Chicago Area
Drilling Engineer at Centrica Energy
Drilling Engineer - Azerbaijan Major Projects at BP
Senior Drilling Engineer at Maersk Oil
Senior Drilling Engineer at SPD Group
Senior Drilling Engineer at Eni UK Ltd
Senior Drilling Engineer at EnQuest
Drilling Engineer at NRG Well Management
Senior Drilling Engineer at Dart Energy Ltd
Drilling Engineer at ExxonMobil
Drilling Operations Engineer