Procurement Trainee Assistant
Procurement Assistant at DLH Group
Join LinkedIn & access John's full profile
Procurement Trainee Assistant
I am a procurement assistant at DLH Procurement - Gabon and an MBA Finance graduate from Cardiff Metropolitan University.
I have a knack of rapport for providing valuable support to management and finance team within strict deadlines in busy working environments. My Key strengths include; exceptional analytic & problem solving skills & the ability to provide timely business information to all areas of the management whilst ensuring accuracy. Also, I am having a proven ability to drive out inefficiencies through process improvement, innovative contributions, as well as assist in the maintenance & development of financial models to track cash flow and improve profitability.
I enjoy working in a team, and equally derive a great sense of satisfaction having my ideas at the lead. I enjoy taking on a new challenges and my ability to speak both English and French often offer me the chance to be of help to a customer or a colleague in a language he/she best understands.
• MS Office (High proficiency), Sage line 50, QuickBooks Pro, MS Projects.
• Understanding of IFRS, US GAAP and OHADA reporting standards
• Strategic Financial Planning and Financial modelling
• Contract financing and Variance Analysis
• Credit Scoring and Assessment
• Financial Modelling and Analysis
• Credit Monitory Assessment (CMA)
- Process and analyse supplier's invoices for payment by international branch
- Product sourcing and contract negotiation
- Liaison between supplier and customers
- Quality inspection to ensure compliance with contract.
- Obtain status update on shipping and custom declarations.
- Documentation and other Admin functions
- Prepare and process high volume invoices
- Maintain inventory control and stock update
- Prepare and reconcile VAT accounts
- Chase customer invoices to ensure timely payment
- Process online orders and payment reconciliation.
- Assist company accountant in preparation of quarterly financial statements.
- Financial Modelling (develop spreadsheet to evaluate performance and monitor income and expenditures)
- Reconcile queries on customers and supplier's invoices before they become major issues
- Prepare internal / external audit support documents.
- Internal control (train finance team on usage of programmed spreadsheets)
- Monitor income and expenditure to ensure compliance to budgeted figures.
- Research new suppliers and negotiate better deals for the company.
- Research on new products, product development and new markets.
- Record and make authorised payments to branch's staff and suppliers
- Authorise budgeted petit cash balance and transactions above staff limits
- Compile payment receitps and other financial records for filing
- Prepare Branch's monthly financial for the head office
- Evaluate Branch's expenditure to ensure compliance with budgeted
- Prepare invoices based on records of items exported by branch
- Compare bills of laden to ensure consistency with customers' invoices
- Reconcile suppliers' invoices with delivery notes and purchase orders
- Evaluate usage of branch assets in line with productivity targets
- Source new and improved pricing deals for the branch to improve profitability
- Develop and train employees on new logistics procedures and enterprise resource planning strategies
- Supervised a team of 5 staff to achieve leading results
- Carryout independent marketing research to sustain and maintain branch's sales
- Liaise with the head office to develop new business strategies and introduce new products
- Prepare service invoices to customers
- Maintain cash and bank transactions for the Branch
- Prepare monthly financial reports for the branch
- Reconcile accounts of other branches
- Recruit and train new staff for the branch
- Update and maintain adequate stock levels
Providing finance assistance service to the organisation in terms of drawing up a financial plan, filing system and developing a bookkeeping system.
Over 300 million professionals are already on LinkedIn. Find who you know.
Account Assistant at Diabetes UK
Accounts Assistant at JLT Group
Financial Accounts Assistant at Not currently employed
Marketing Agent chez Olam International
accounts assistant at Fuel It Ltd
Accounts assistant at Tikit