University of West London
HR professional with 16 years experience gained within GE specialising in Talent and Performance Management
Join LinkedIn & access Helen's full profile
A highly commercial HR generalist with 17 years experience gained within GE working closely with leadership teams across a variety of industries. Particular focus has been on talent management – (identifying hi-potential, executive assessment & succession planning) employee engagement, coaching and leadership development. Experience gained in various business environments: growth, downsizing, start-ups, acquisitions and integrations.
Provided HR Business Partnering for the front-end functions (Sales & Marketing, M&A, Capital Markets & Equity) - client group size c1,300 employees. Managed 4 country HR Managers;
• Responsible for the bi-annual talent assessment for the commercial teams across Europe. This included the annual performance reviews, succession planning for senior leadership roles, early identification of high potential talent, resourcing for key business initiatives, nominations and assessment for leadership training.
• Led an experienced 2-year commercial leadership programme in Europe for MBA grads (120 globally, 20 in Europe) involving programme promotion, recruitment, rotation planning, coaching and placement for off-programme roles. Mentored and coached off-programme alumni.
• Part of a global project team to redesign a new graduate training programme for junior sales talent.
• Conducted executive assessments on 3 senior managers identified for promotion.
• Coached and advised managers on effectively managing and engaging their teams.
• Facilitated best practice sharing across commercial HRMs and mentored two junior HRMs.
• Advised M&A teams on key HR elements of acquisition deals.
• Part of the management team that built GE’s healthcare financing business in Europe – growing in revenues from $3MM to $24MM in Net Income with over $1B in Assets. With responsibility for HR, set, developed and implemented the people strategy and plan. Headcount increased from 40 to 120 within a 2-year period.
• Conducted the bi-annual people review process to understand the talent base, succession pipeline, identification of high potential talent and nominations for leadership training. Participated in cross business people reviews to promote hi potential talent and fill global roles.
• Redesigned the performance management training for the European audience, coached and trained managers and employees on the new company values and the impact on the perf m’ment process.
• Coached managers on talent management, performance & career development.
• Facilitated communications throughout the organisation including employee satisfaction surveys. Coached managers on effective communication tools.
• Provided leadership and expertise for the full scope of Human Resource functions including all aspects of employee relations, reward and organisational effectiveness. Directed country HR teams on provision of HR shared services to employees in 7 countries.
• Developed strategy to drive employee engagement and process improvements in key HR areas.
• Coached and mentored HR team on delivering projects on career development, reducing recruitment cycle time, on boarding of new hires, reward and recognition.
• Developed business communication channel to workforce to enable better understanding of the performance of the business and key initiatives to build employee engagement.
• Designed and organised career days to educate managers & employees on managing their careers and understanding the tools available to them.
• Developed training material to advance understanding of the annual people (talent) review process
• Engaged senior leaders to champion key HR engagement activities and participate and lead various discussions on career events.
• Led the organisation design of the newly acquired business from regional P&Ls to a global and functional structure. Identified and selected talent to lead new business functions.
• Transitioned out management team identified during due diligence and retained key talent.
• Organised and ran focus group sessions to bridge cultural gap of acquired business with GE.
• Delivered training to Line Managers and HR Managers on talent management practices.
HR Manager for 900+ employees (Aircraft Engines Repair and Maintenance plant).
HR Manager - corporate functions for GE in Europe.
European compensation analyst for GE's lighting business
Watford, United Kingdom
Business Development Director at Good
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Director at Essential Italy Limited
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Assoc Head of School (Teaching & Learning), School of Nursing & Midwifery, Deakin University
Melbourne Area, Australia
Lecturer in Sociology at Monash University
Melbourne Area, Australia
Group HR Director at Grosvenor
HR Manager at Buro Four
HR Director at Aviva Investors
Leader, European Compensation & Benefits COE at GE
Head of HR- HR BP: Aviva Investors Asset Management
HR Director - Strategic Ventures & Restructuring Group, Operations, IT & Communications at GE Capital
VP Leadership, Learning and Talent (EMEA)
Head of Talent & Learning at Grosvenor