Norfolk & Norwich University NHS Trust
Administrator (Ward Clerk)
Admin at Norfolk & Norwich University NHS Trust
Join LinkedIn & access Gayathri's full profile
Administrator (Ward Clerk)
To work with all members of the clinical team within the multidisciplinary framework.
The Ward Clerical Officer is an essential part of a Ward Team, helping to streamline the work of the ward, support and help all members of the ward team to provide a quality service.
To provide clerical support and assist the Ward manager or deputy Manager on the admission/transfer and discharge of patients.
To greet, welcome and help direct Patients, Relatives, Staff and the general public.
To keep records up to date by using PAS i.e. patients admitted, transferred, discharged from the Ward.
Liaise with nursing staff over the discharge of patients, including where appropriate the collection of property from General Office, dispatching Notes, arranging transport to peripheral areas.
To prepare clinical coding form for patient episode and ensure it is completed by medical staff.
To arrange where appropriate follow-up outpatient appointments.
Ensure that admission procedures and regulations for Overseas Visitors are met including EC patients.
To provide Bed Management with an accurate bed state on an agreed timely basis.
To manage all incoming, non-medical telephone calls as appropriate and deal with them either by delegating or referring calls to other staff or Returning calls as necessary.
Where appropriate under Sister or Doctors instructions to telephone the GP to advise of the patient’s death in hospital.
Liaise with other departments (i.e. X-ray, Health Records etc).
To be responsible for taking valuables to Pay Office for locking in safe.
Attend and participate in ward meetings where appropriate.
To be responsible for miscellaneous filing and photocopying as required.
Deal efficiently with enquiries from all levels of medical and nursing staff, GP’s, Social Services and other allied health professionals, in a timely and courteous manner, providing basic information and non-clinical advice.
Deal with and action where appropriate, all incoming mail. This may include email and faxes on a daily basis, appropriately refer investigation results to the Consultant or other areas for action and information.
Action appointment request via the partial booking system or with individual departments as required, complaints and arranging meetings and agendas as required.
Provide appoint of contact for written and telephone enquiries on behalf of the consultant and their team, using discretion to establish the validity and priority of the contact.
Maintain the Consultants diary. Book appointments with hospital representatives and liaise regardinglectures/meetings. Liaise with the appointments Office/Admin Manager to cancel and re-schedule clinics and operating lists accordingly.
Register new patients, creating a new set of notes and obtain existing case notes as requested, ensuring they are correctly maintained to a high standard as specified by Trust Policy. Accurate retrieval of patient information via PAS. Attended IPM training through Norfolk & Waveney Trust.
Undertake any other duties which may reasonably be expected of the incumbent to ensure smooth running of the consultant’s practice in the absence of his normal secretary, keeping a diary of relevant problems, events, etc for ease of handover to the secretary on his/her return.
1. Scheduled weekly meetings, managed executives' calendars, met with clients, and handled business and administrative details perfectly.
2. Distributed correspondence and responded to inquiries daily.
3. Relied upon for making traveling arrangements, preparing expense reports, and maintaining office supplies.
4. Developed and maintained a records management system, which included classifying and coding electronic and hardcopy files.
5. Received recognition, award and promotion for training staff members in computer applications and troubleshoot hardware and software problems.
6. Performed excellent basic bookkeeping duties such as accounts payable and receivable and the reconciliation of accounts.
7. Assisted the General Administration Manager with a variety of administrative duties.
1. Processing Customers tickets, checking baggage, monitoring carry-on baggage for size and quantity, and assigning seats.
2. Adhoc assignments as requested by the Supervisor or General Manager
3. Providing information on arrival and departure times, boarding procedures, carry-on regulations, and seating arrangements.
4. Handling denied boarding situations, soliciting volunteers, accommodating Customers and providing hotel, meal, and taxi vouchers when appropriate.
5. Ensures Allegiant authority and airport regulations are followed. Enforces safety/security measures and protects sensitive zones
6. Assists Customers with special needs, e.g. Customers who need assistance in boarding
1. Booking shipment and delivery arrangements to the customer upon receiving the order confirmation.
2. Coordination with warehouse to deliver the order.
3. Pre Shipment inspection as per L/C clause.
4. Preparation of complete set of banking documents involving D/P & CAD or shipping guarantee
5. Update customer on the shipment schedule and documents.
6. Preparation of Bills of Lading, Invoice, Packing List, Sales Contract, Purchase Contract.
7. Accounting responsibilities such as Data Entry, preparation of Payment Voucher and Receipt Voucher.
8. Responding to customer queries through emails.
1. Customer Service, Sales, Administrative & Secretarial duties.
2. Certification application processing, Diving material sales, Invoicing and Stock inventory management.
Data Entry and Filing
United Arab Emirates
IT Analysi at Intel Tech Sdn Bhd
Student at Avinashilingam Institute for Home Science and Higher Education for Women
Tiruppur Area, India
Group Project Manager at Infosys Ltd