Social Media Marketer & Project Manager
- London, United Kingdom
- Marketing and Advertising
Serena Mariani's Overview
- Founder and Editor at Into The F-World
- Sole 24Ore Business School
- University of Vermont
- Università degli Studi di Trieste
Université de Liège
Liceo "Gabriele D'Annunzio"- Pescara
2 people have recommended Serena
Serena Mariani's Summary
Award-winning communications professional, with a strong background in marketing and a focus on digital and social media. Currently available for distance freelance and consulting work, please get in touch to discuss how to start your social media presence or bring it to the next level.
Current and past clients include: P&G (Max Factor, Lacoste Fragrances), Subway Arabia, Reckitt Benkiser (Vanish, Air Wick), Unilever.
During my 6+ years experience both in-house and in agencies, I have acted as a social media lead on complex, national and multi-country communications campaigns, both as project manager and client interface. I have been a "Digital ambassador" within companies and I am an experienced trainer.
Areas of expertise:
• Social media content strategy; management of content and design for Facebook, LinkedIn (Pages, Groups, Answers), blogs and websites, Facebook applications.
• Strong analytical thinking; copy writing, communications and presentation skills.
• Software: Sysomos MAP, Radian6 and other online monitoring tools, Google Analytics, Google Adwords, Microsoft Office, Photoshop and InDesign (basic).
• Fluent in English, French and Italian. Conversational Spanish and beginner Chinese (Mandarin). I have lived and worked in 5+ countries and have a keen sense of cultural nuances in communications.
I also have a food & lifestyle blog where I hone my writing, design and UX skills - visit me at intothefworld.com
Serena Mariani's Honors and Awards
Mark Hanson Award 2012 - "Best and most promising under 30 communicator"SoMeComms Awards- the UK Social Media Communications Awards
- October 2012
[From the SoMeComms website] With the Mark Hanson Award we want to recognise the new wave of bright and talented 21st Century communicators who are currently making their mark on the industry.
Serena Mariani's Projects
Serena Mariani's Experience
Founder and Editor
Into The F-World
April 2012 – Present (1 year 3 months) London, United Kingdom
• Creator of and main contributor to Into The F-World, a food and lifestyle blog
• Design and build of website (WP platform- customisation of template)
• Promotion of content through social media tools (Twitter, Instagram and Facebook)
• Guest writer for Bookatable.co.uk, online magazine Completely London and others
• Collaboration with supperclubs and pop-up restaurants as front of house and promoter
• Networking with food media and bloggers, producers and restaurateurs to keep abreast of current and future food and lifestyle trends
Public Company; 501-1000 employees; IPG; Public Relations and Communications industry
December 2012 – April 2013 (5 months) London, United Kingdom
Digital Strategist- Online & Social Media Associate Consultant
Privately Held; 501-1000 employees; Public Relations and Communications industry
December 2011 – December 2012 (1 year 1 month) London, United Kingdom
My role involved a mix of client services and project management for a variety of global clients (with a focus on Europe and MENA) in the private and public sectors.
My activities included:
• Integrated online communication strategies (creation and implementation, from planning to monitoring and evaluation)
• Help clients monitor and participate in online conversations; influencer mapping, blogger outreach, community management.
• Working with user experience, content production, design and development team members.
• Contribution to New Business activities and pitches, through research and strategic advice on how to integrate social media into communications and public affair campaigns.
Senior Account Executive
Privately Held; 11-50 employees; Marketing and Advertising industry
March 2011 – December 2011 (10 months)
Social Fuel is a digital agency that specialises in social media. We help many types of business operations use social media technology to improve performance, communication and customer engagement. Clients include Reckitt Benckiser, YouTube, Sennheiser and One Young World.
Account Executive - Business Unit Marketing
Public Company; 1001-5000 employees; Public Relations and Communications industry
November 2009 – February 2011 (1 year 4 months)
Serving several accounts in Consumer Goods (Beauty Care, Food & Bev, Baby Care) markets for P&G and other multinational clients with PR and MarCom activities, on and offline.
- Specialties: Digital PR, new media and blogosphere engagement.
Communications & Marketing - PwC Advisory, Financial Services
Partnership; 10,001+ employees; Accounting industry
2009 – 2009 (less than a year)
External and Internal Communications, press office and Media Relations for the Financial Services practice.
Developing stories and newsworthy content from PwC proprietary research and making headlines by pitching to relevant media outlets (top Italian economic newspapers).
Procter & Gamble - Marketing & External Relations Trainee
Public Company; 10,001+ employees; PG; Consumer Goods industry
2007 – 2009 (2 years)
July 2008- Dec 2008- Assistant Brand Manager (Intern) on LINES Pads
Business Analysis, Sales forecasting, In-store and Online promotional Activities Management.
Sept 2007 - June 2008 Influencer Marketing & Brand PR on P&G Prestige Products (Fragrances)
PR and In-store activities planning and execution, in collaboration with external PR agencies.
Journalism Trainee - Foreign Affairs
Privately Held; 1001-5000 employees; Publishing industry
2004 – 2005 (1 year) Rome (Italy) and Rabat (Morocco)
Serena Mariani's Languages
English(Full professional proficiency)
French(Full professional proficiency)
Spanish(Limited working proficiency)
Italian(Native or bilingual proficiency)
Serena Mariani's Skills & Expertise
Serena Mariani's Volunteer Experience & Causes
Causes I care about:
- Arts and Culture
- Social Services
Organizations I support:
- AVIS (Italian Association of Blood Donors)
- Breast Cancer Campaign
Serena Mariani's Certifications
TOEFL - score 283/300
- May 2010
Serena Mariani's Education
Sole 24Ore Business School
Master, Marketing & Communication Management
2009 – 2009
University of Vermont
Corporate Finance, Money & Banking, Spanish
2006 – 2006
Università degli Studi di Trieste
M.A. International Economics
2001 – 2006
Université de Liège
2003 – 2004
Liceo "Gabriele D'Annunzio"- Pescara
1996 – 2001
Serena Mariani's Additional Information
Communications strategy and planning, Digital PR, Social media marketing, Languages
- Groups and Associations:
Geek Girls Dinners Italy (on and off- line group of women professional interested in technology and new media), Food Bloggers UK
- Honors and Awards:
ISEP Scholarship to University of Vermont, USA - University of Trieste, Italy (2006)
Foreign Affairs Italian Ministry Scholarship (2003)
Contact Serena for:
- career opportunities
- consulting offers
- expertise requests
- business deals
- reference requests
- getting back in touch