Sonic Concept Limited
Acoustic Engineer at Sonic Concept Ltd
Join LinkedIn & access Christopher's full profile
- Acoustic engineer at Sonic Concept Ltd
- First-class honours degree: BEng Acoustics from the University of Salford
- 13 month industrial placement at Sennheiser electronic under the Erasmus Programme
- 6 weeks work experience at KEF Audio as Trainee Engineer
- Worked at Harbeth Audio Ltd for 4 days on the factory line
- General work experience as a shop worker and a labourer
I spent 13 months working at Sennheiser in the Studio Monitor department under the Erasmus Programme. This included work on the Neumann range of studio monitor loudspeakers. My typical tasks involved:
- Measuring various aspects of partially or fully assembled speakers in the anechoic chamber
- These included but were not limited to: frequency response, group delay, phase, harmonic and intermodulation distortion, maximum SPL and directivity
- Measurements of individual drivers using the 'Klippel' measurement system - ranging from 1 inch tweeters all the way up to 12 inch subwoofer drivers
- Design and simulation of loudspeakers and subwoofers
- Analysed frequency response of a driver by measuring the velocity of the cone with laser.
- Measured the voltage across loudspeaker crossovers over the 20 - 40k frequency range. Checked for errors and gave them a pass or fail by comparing them to the reference crossover.
- Graphed electrical impedance of LF driver over the frequency range. Identified the resonant frequency and other defining features.
- Measured acoustic frequency response of newly produced speakers in anechoic chamber. Compared against lab standard speaker and accepted if within a 1dB tolerance.
I worked as part of a team on two different jobs. One was renovating a house, which included tasks such as plastering, decorating and replacing doors. The second job was refurbishing the roof of a grade 2 listed property.
- Accepted delivery of speaker cabinets.
- Built up LF drivers from gasket, voice coil, cone, etc.
- Secured drivers, crossovers, terminals and acoustic insulation inside the cabinets.
- Took record of individual loudspeaker serial numbers.
- Packaged and boxed complete speakers.
Manager at Mannington Mills, Inc.
Greater Salt Lake City Area
Sr. Technical Marketing Engineer at Coho Data, VMware vExpert '11-'14, blogger, cloud computing, virtualization, SDS/SDN
San Francisco Bay Area
Supplier Technologist at Greggs
Recruitment Business Partner & Team Manager - London
London, United Kingdom
GM of TEGG Service / VP of Industrial Service at Crosby Electric Company
Montgomery, Alabama Area
Graduate Acoustician at Atkins
Video Engineer at AtoV UK
Assistant Engineer, WSP Acoustics
Acoustician at SRL Technical Services Ltd
Acoustic and Audio Engineer
Acoustic Consultant at Arup
Assistant Consultant at Southdowns Environmental Consultants Ltd
Graduate Acoustic Consultant at Hilson Moran
Engineer - Acoustics
Student at The University of Salford