University of York
Senior Consultant at TIBCO Software Inc.
|Recommendations||4 people have recommended Christopher|
Join LinkedIn & access Christopher's full profile
I am a highly skilled, security cleared technical consultant with deep knowledge of SOA concepts and in particular, experience of the TIBCO SOA toolset.
Having worked for Accenture for 6 years on one of UK’s biggest Mobile Telco providers I have been involved in numerous projects and all stages of a project lifecycle, as such can bring a wide range of experience from all corners of a project including:
- Testing and test management (including Unit, SIT, UAT, DVT and production support)
- Environments Management
- MDM / Data Warehousing
- Core Java development with strong JMS J2EE skills
- Unix shell scripting
- TIBCO Development
- Business Intelligence domains
- Defect fixing
- Solution architecting
- Trained in TIBCO AMX BPM including development and administration.
All in major client facing roles catering for a technical audience or managers with 30,000 ft views.
I have had exposure to a wide range of client requirements, work ethics and management styles.
During this, I have developed and honed my technical skill set to include almost all of TIBCO's headline products across multiple implementations while presenting this information in client friendly manner.
I have a very strong sense of 'whats right' and honestly believe in doing the right thing for the client and providing an open and honest viewpoint.
TIBCO ActiveMatrix BusinessWorks 5.x,
TIBCO Master Data Management 7.x and 8.x
ESB Design and Deployment,
Near Realtime Systems,
Strong core Java Developer with extensive experience in J2EE JMS based solutions,
Database Concepts and SQL,
XML and XPath,
TIBCO Training / Team Upskilling,
Ant, Shell Scripts.
SIBS – Lisbon, Portugal – March 2014 – July 2014 Architect
Lead TIBCO resource and architect to transform SIBS master data from a centralized main frame based management system to a more distributed architecture with the aim to modernize processes and lower MIPS. Defined an implementation framework and design used by the local SI Novabase based on a layered architecture of Business Works integrating MDM via the service bus to existing services.
Airbus Group - Munich, Germany - June 2013 - March 2014 - Architect
Lead TIBCO resource and architect behind a major financial data transformation project for Airbus group. Working with CGI, designed, documented and implemented a whole new multi user, global MDM based platform in which business critical financial master data can be created, audited and controlled in approved processes. The project included in depth Spotfire reports which improve the business’s understanding of its master data and approval processes and was completed within aggressive deadlines and requirements.
UCAS – Cheltenham April – June 2013 – Architect
Taking over from a TIBCO Architect I designed and developed as part of a team an disaggregated SOA solution to enable communications between major interaction points across multiple technology sets ( .NET, Java, RMI). The solution makes use of SOA and TIBCO best Practices using the publish subscribe methodology and covers EMS routing, SQL, Canonical XMLs, Business Works Services, deployment architecture all wrapped up in a fully holistic error handling solution.
I was a TIBCO Senior Solutions consultant working with CSC on performance tuning a large scale integration helping to redevelop the existing solution into a more elegant, performant
application while identifying potential design and code issues.
My role included:
- Code review of existing TIBCO services and suggest improvements.
- Prototyping of code changes for performance improvement.
- Development of new Java tools for batch code changes to TIBCO services, Hawk query tools and EMS Graphing and Java based stress test performance mechanisms.
- Development of Java Starters between integration layers while ensuring high levels of performance and stability (including assured EMS delivery)
I worked as a Technical lead on one of europes largest SOA based transformation project for a major Telco
My role includes:
– Technical lead for over 20 new TIBCO BusinessWorks services with integration to several major
backends dealing with actions like order management to new customer creation.
– Support and directing an offshore team of over 8 individuals, prioritising work loads, solving blocking
issues and ensuring quality deliverables.
– Supporting and directing a competing supplier ensuring their deliverables are on time and on budget.
– Working with architectural teams to realise their vision, supporting issue resolution and providing any
and all support to project management.
- Design and development of high performance services with throughput of over 1,000,000 messages per day.
Leave of Absence is an extended break from Accenture which one can use to further personal goals and re adjust work life balance, for me this took the form of 6 months off with 3 months in the United States.
– Completed more than 150 skydives ( I am a ’C’ license skydiver) - I have over 300 skydives in total.
– Over 100 Wingsuit (Birdman / Squirrel Suit) jumps including large ’flocks’ of over 17 people.
– Completed one HALO jump from 22,000 feet.
– Worked with APEX BASE and did 4 BASE jumps.
Technical lead for the implementation of the client’s first Master Data Management solution (updating more than 6 millions records and growing daily), role included:
– Leading 3 onshore resources defining development timelines, highlighting and managing risks for project management.
– Leading multiple stakeholders from various backgrounds through workshops as requirements elicitation exercises.
– Designing and developing workflows, repositories and rule bases for very complex tables with critical business impact.
– Up skilling both Accenture and client resources from scratch so they become self dependant and can develop CIM solutions unsupervised thus enhancing the development capacities of both groups.
– Environments management including all test environments, connections, firewalls and security concerns.
– Development of CIM client connection standards to support 6 major backend systems across a variety of formats and schedules.
– Defect and Production support including a very extensive post deployment support (on call every day including weekends for problem resolution).
– Deployment lead for all subsequent changes, revisions and updates to CIM.
Support resource for a project in a critical state, my role was varied to support which ever was required, they included:
– Environments management including Apache Webserver setup with all proxy and security settings.
– Completely new set of Hawk alerting including memory and CPU utilisation monitoring for all
– Client facing role in a highly charged political arena, including managing expectations and client
empowerment so they can deploy and configure services as required unsupervised.
– Testing - Augmented Accenture test team by prioritising important defects, de risking defect
resolution and re test.
– Documentation - Delivered extensive documentation pertaining to environments management,
support, application usage and configuration.
– Team lead for one onshore and three offshore resources delivering two highly complicated, project and business critical services within very tight timelines.
– Services allowed the client to enable hundreds of thousands of mobile phone numbers within a 24 hour period ( previously they could only support 65,000 - excel limitation), while the second allowed batch updates of existing customers personal data for fraud prevention.
– Project required very tight integration with clients corporate and fraud teams, redevelopment of 6 highly sensitive and business critical BusinessWorks services while ensuring support continuity and development of standards for all Java batch services to follow.
– Project included extended support for existing batch services and modifications to accommodate evolving business needs.
– Because SME on all Java Batch services within the clients UK domain.
– Design and development / modification of over 30 BusinessWorks services enabling new CRM management solution to support the clients corporate customer base.
– Testing environments manager, responsible for all engine deployments, EMS set up and defect support as well as being point of contact for two external suppliers and organising defect fix priority with a team of two developers.
– Development of encryption framework to support credit card details across SOA platform to CRM system in line with clients data protection / security policy of customer senstive data.
– Development of scalable TIBCO performance test tool to simulate hundreds of thousands of connections / clients to CRM system.
– Development and support of BusinessWorks SOA services which enable client customer facing stores to integrate with customer management systems. Included 2 major backends and development of ’fudges’ to ensure correct data transformation between these two systems and their supporting subsystems.
– Became Subject Matter Expert (SME) on retail channel and main point of contact for all design, development and support queries.
– Development and support of BusinessWorks SOA services that enable customer support agents to collect ’Pay as you Go’ customer data at call time.
– Development of Hawk services to act as a solution monitoring tool, enabling support team alerting on load balancing, error percentage rates and third party backend monitoring.
– Development of unix AWK script used to collate and report on over 100 production services gathering runtime statistics, including success/error rates, min and max runtimes. This data was presented in .csv form for quick graphing in excel allowing quick reporting to senior management.
– Joined account from bootcamp, started work as a tester.
– Developed a set of Java tools to streamline test script creation raising consistency levels and
introducing standards which would later be defacto.
– Designed, developed and implemented a collection of EMS scripts for existing TIBCO services
including bridges from topics to queues (including selection statements).
– Began development of simple TIBCO services, correction of minor bugs and code enhancements in BusinessWorks .
Internal Account Manager at Van Leeuwen
Southampton, United Kingdom
Chief Technical Officer (CTO)/Partner at Manifest Solutions
Columbus, Ohio Area
Managing Director / Owner at Shine Consulting & Project Management Ltd
Derby, United Kingdom
Pennsylvania Senate Communications
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania Area
CEO and Managing Director at Senvion Australia
Melbourne Area, Australia
Solutions Architect at IBM
TIBCO/Websphere MQ Consultant at Barclays Corporate
Loss Prevention Officer at CHANEL
Integration & Middleware SME
Experienced SOA Solution/Integration Architect in Public Sector/Retail/E-commerce
Architect at Vodafone