Living Planit SA
Chief Solutions Architect
Chief Architect at Living Planit SA
|Recommendations||1 person has recommended Andrew|
Join LinkedIn & access Andrew's full profile
Chief Solutions Architect
A technically astute business leader with extensive experience in project and programme management, design, specification and delivery of software, networks and services. Commercially-aware technologist, with board level credibility and management consulting experience. Demonstrable career record in the design, delivery, and management of complex solutions, market driven technology with a successful track record of formulating strategy and identifying opportunities that meets business needs and maximises growth plans. Key strengths relate to technical consulting support on areas including IT Infrastructure, migration solutions, strategy, asset management, user experience assessments, KPI setting, business case design and profit & loss plans. Consistently achieved results through implementation of strategic global business development and management of customer support staff based in different locations including North America, EMEA, and Asia.
Specialties:Business Leadership, Business Critical IT Services, International Business, Design Architecture, Product Rollout, Operational Streamlining, Staff Management, Strategic Planning, Programme Management
Overall direction and key responsibility for translating business requirements which includes network integration requirements of Living PlanIT product such as the Urban Operating System into systems and network qualities, repeatable design strategies, patterns and implementation. Develop and implement in collaboration with the CTO and PlanIT Services team, the strategy for the Living PlanIT NOC and its relationship with data centre, storage, distributed computing, network and sensing infrastructures. Implement and enhance methodologies that improve development process and best practices. Charged with establishing and maintaining design and metadata repositories integrating all aspects of the models with the responsibility of providing oversight of its use in conjunction with other enterprise tools. Other key functions include the design of architectural models of current and proposed systems across the enterprise for use internally and in conjunction with Living PlanIT Partners. Performs, in collaboration with the CTO, design reviews across the organization and participate in the evaluation of technologies targeted for possible integration into the systems or environment.
Primarily responsible for the software application design, scope, and architecture, global delivery of business-critical IT services, technology and support for an internal IT user base of 50+ staff on 3 continents, customer training programs, and user support services. Other key functions included full P&L responsibility of company technical budget from forecasting future budgets and investment requirements, project and program management of new service implementation, software rollout, data analysis, training services, and road mapping of service enhancement, direct and indirect line management of all technical staff within the company. Responsible for all support services infrastructure including customer facing ticket system and internal change control and bug tracking systems. Took the lead on requirement gathering, QA and Testing of company software products and ensured seamless rollout and introduction of feature enhancements requested by customer base.
• Successfully managed and retained International team of developers, pre-sales engineers, project managers, and customer support engineers in North America, EMEA, and Asia.
• Achieved exceptional business continuity which allowed maximum leverage of distributed team to meet annual growth, revenue, development and SLA targets.
• Designed and introduced brand new services offering for one of the UK’s largest professional services companies which led to entry into new multi million pound business markets, improved revenue, ROI of the technical team and infrastructure by over 20%.
• Delivered improved margins, accuracy, KPI's and SLA's on existing services of Global Service Providers through enhanced knowledge and services.
• Designed, built, and successfully rolled out global change control, bug tracking, support services ticketing system, and management systems for the business.
Acting as the subject matter export for the Juniper Networks platforms on a customer project for KNRW (Ish) in Kerpen, Germany, my responsibilities included:
- Technical qualification of IP Network solutions
- Design of IP Network Solutions
- Testing and documentation of IP Network Solutions
QoS Networks was a next generation global ISP delivering a Quality of Service network based around provision of MPLS services to global Enterprises.
- Delivered next generation MPLS and QoS services to global customers.
- Secured BGP peering agreements and co-location facilities from global Tier-1 providers.
- 50% reduction in customer outages and downtime due to implementation of proper change management procedures and policies.
- Appointed as Chief Engineer to deliver technical architecture, networks, and solutions to support delivery of ISP services to customers.
- Roll-out of networks, including installation of equipment, routing policies & peering interfaces.
- Headed the Change Control Board, including leading the introduction of enhanced change control rules.
Aduronet was a startup ISP in Uxbridge and my main responsibilities included
- Development, testing, and interoperability of a next generation, multi-vendor ISP network specialising in VPN based network solutions.
- Bid support for the company Pre-Sales teams to deal with technical queries around the product offerings
- Introduction of Change Control and sitting on the Change Control Board.
PlanIT Urban Operating System Internet of Things implementation at London City Airport in video @ 06:06:30 http://lnkd.in/dapprQZ
Contract Manager at Rheinmetall MAN Military Vehicles Australia (RMMVA)
Canberra Area, Australia
Project Director at Medalist Sports
Greater Atlanta Area
Retail CRM Manager - Sport at Ladbrokes
London, United Kingdom
Greater New York City Area
Senior IT Consultant at Conclusion FIT
Zwolle Area, Netherlands
Chief Technology Officer (CTO) at Living Planit SA
Graduate Project Manager at Transport for London
How to break the internet
Head of Global Sales and Marketing at IOTAS
President and Cofounder at Qualia Networks, Inc.
Director of Engineering
Business Analyst at Jaguar Land Rover,Coventry.
Vice President at Cyan Technology